The complete package consists of: (1) Hunt's performance of the Haydn Concerto - Movs. I , II, and III.
(2) The recorded orchestral accompaniment* (Peters' Edition), by the Polish Chamber Philharmonic Orchestra (Zygmunt Rychert, Cond.), was provided courtesy of Sabine Springer, Stuttgart Germany.
(3) Recorded comments and alternative suggestions for performance.
(4) An " Hunt edited" solo trumpet part that includes both I and III mov. cadenzas.
(5) Some comparative recorded demonstrations using both the "short" Eb trumpet and the "long" Eb trumpet.
(6) Yep! Played on the Bb Trumpet! How'd you guess? (grin) This concerto was NOT composed for the
"short" E-Flat Trumpet !! (They virtually weren't available in Haydn's time). Shilke B2, ml bore with
a large bell. Ser. # 1374 (Lots of dents). Bach # 1 mouthpice (No plating remaining.)
This recording is dedicated to my childhood, Trans-Atlantic cornet mentor, Mr. Willy Lang of North Yorkshire, UK. Keep 'Em Flyin'!
Be certain to specify Bb or Eb parts !!!
Secure Shopping Cart